A results-oriented self-starter with highly developed skills in the areas of press operations and time management. Possesses a diversified background and experience on a wide variety of presses. Success in professional career has stemmed from a strong commitment to delivering quality, a sense of professionalism, and excellent communication skills. I’m known for upholding high standards in my work, and my ability to follow through with any and all challenges. Have always been eager to learn new presses and operating procedures. Possesses a reputation for reliability and loyalty. I respond well to any challenge and enjoy the opportunity to reap the rewards of hard work and dedication.
In this role, I am responsible for the efficient operation of the pre-press, press room and Spot UV departments. I provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the plant. I manage, coach and mentor employees whilst also assisting the Plant Manager in developing team members further in their skill sets. I’ve developed and established standard operating policies and procedures consistent with the Company’s broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in and ensure documented changes to processes are well defined and executed.
• Ensure all equipment and machines are working effectively and address repairs and replacements as needed - also ensure all equipment operators are doing their part in checking and reporting deficiencies of the equipment.
• Coordinate planning with Maintenance Supervisor for equipment downtime.
• Optimizing production and print schedules.
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point) to analyze data.
• Establish, monitor & evaluate staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
• Assist the Plant manager with plant employee and HR issues including: Time & Attendance, Grievances, Discipline, Training, Recruitment etc.
• Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Motivate & engage employees to keep operations running smoothly.
• Being the first point of contact for issue and complaint resolution with plant staff.
• Maintaining high standards of housekeeping, cleanliness, safety and quality.
• Operating our six colour 29” UV Komori with anilox coater and 40” LS Komori with anilox coater when required.
• Make plates if needed.
• Other projects as assigned
Responsible for operating a 6 colour and tower coater (40”) Heidelberg CD102 with CP2000
Responsible for operating a 10 colour (40”) Heidelberg Speed master SM102 with CP2000. Printed a variety of products such as catalogues, financial documents,marketing materials, art books and annual reports.
Duties included, but were not limited too.
Reviewed dockets before print jobs and ensured adequate supply of materials required for the job (i.e. proofs, paper, ink, plates).
Worked collaboratively and liaised with the sales team and their clients to obtain approval on print samples and proofs prior to press run.
Prioritize the flow of work and activities to achieve optimal flow and efficiency.
Utilized a densitometer to obtain and maintain precise colour readings throughout the printing process to ensure the quality met client expectations and standards.
Maintained strong communication cross-functionally with team members to manage client expectations and deliver optimal quality. Communicated issues or problems to managers in a timely manner to minimize impacts on clients.
Possess mechanical aptitude. Conducted a regular maintenance schedule and minor repairs on press. Verified roller settings, replaced and set when needed. Ensured all safety features worked properly, greased press as per schedule. Troubleshooted problems as required.
Ensured to keep a clean and safe work space at all times.
Followed Bowne’s standard operating procedures and ISO standards.
Trained and coached other pressmen and feeders as required.
Possess "out of the box" attitude and a passion for the work.
True team player with great positive attitude.
2nd Pressman – 5 colour Komori Lithrone 40” with Coater, 4 colour Harris 40”.