Toronto, Ontario area – Proven HR executive and strategic business partner with strong business acumen and multi-sector experience in consumer goods, broadcasting, financial services, manufacturing and supply chain. A track record of successfully partnering with senior management to build leadership skills and teams to support operations, growth and superior financial results. Recognized as a change agent with extensive organizational change experience in greenfield start-ups, plant expansions, restructurings, acquisitions and integrations.
- Responsible for providing leadership and development of Work Force Planning and Succession Planning strategies and programs to build organization capability in product design and technical selling skills, enabling the Company to embrace new manufacturing technologies and business processes.
- Developed HR Business Plan and Training Strategy to grow technical and leadership capabilities for Engineering/Product Development and Sales teams.
- As HR Consultant, designed and developed innovative Technical Training Program for Product Designers and Project Managers for the company’s Engineering team to support training and development in existing and new plastics technologies.
- Responsible for providing direction and leadership for all HR and labour/employee relations activities for operations and supply management in Canada.
- Developed short and mid-term strategies to support each site in achieving operational excellence and becoming confectionery supplier of choice in their market.
- As Labour Relations Lead, successfully maintained union free status at non-union sites during 2 organizing drives (2008). Maintained positive labour relationships with all unions (UFCW, CAW and IUOE) and partnered with union leadership to implement plant restructuring, lay-offs and outsourcing to improve long-term sustainability of Canadian plants.
- As a key member of the collective bargaining team, achieved contract concessions for flagship Canadian plant ensuring increased flexibility in manufacturing operations (outsourcing; continuous shifts) facilitating the introduction of 2 new product lines to Canada.